Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 10, 2010

MY STINT AT THE NEW INDIAN EXPRESS(EXPRESSO)--- LIGHTS, LENS AND LOKESH

Sudarshan Varadhan
Express News Service
First Published : 17 Jun 2010 12:23:00 AM IST
Last Updated : 17 Jun 2010 08:57:16 AM IST

I started my interview with Lokesh, a rising rockstar in photography. “I am a people’s photographer,” he smiles as he settles into a comfortable position on the couch.

I was convinced by then that it was not going to be a formal interview and I presented a slightly extended version of my first question, “What’s that?” “I’m someone who can make anybody look and feel like a professional model”.

“How did you start?” was my next question. “It was a hobby initially. And then, as I started following Nat Geo photography and started travelling to different places and observing different cultures, photography started growing on me. It’s like first love, it grows on you with time”, he quipped. And about his teachers and fans, “My teachers — Mr. Bharath Ramamritam and Mr. Vikas. They’ve also been my friends and my best critics. They help me rediscover myself every time and keep me going.”

He also recalls that his trip to Rajasthan where he had to live in harmony with the “real India” was one of his many life-changing experiences. He doesn’t restrict his domain to photography and his interests extend to the fields of dance, martial arts and fitness. When asked where he’d like to be ten years down the line and his message to the budding photographers, he said, “Ten years down the line, I’d like to be one of India’s best photographers and for all those who want to make it big here, just follow your heart and work towards your dream”. The theory behind becoming a hotshot photographer was never so simple!

Contact the photographer at 9884023484

No comments:

Post a Comment